Dr. Rinker has been asked (threatened, actually!) to do a workshop on Friday, 22 February 2013 for the Lionel Hampton Jazz Festival. It will have something to do with the LED technology we have been working with, but beyond that, we don't know what will be presented.
Vandal Friday 2013
We are on the schedule of events to do TowerLights shows for both Vandal Fridays. We will have performances on both Thursday nights in the evening. More details to follow.
Thursday, 21 March 2013
Thrusday, 04 April 2013
Dancers, Drummers, Dreamers Show
On 21-23 March 2013 (Thrusday, Friday & Saturday) we are planning to light up some more trumpets/trombones for the "Dancers, Drummers, Dreamers" shows.
Quite a bit has been happening on the TowerLights/LED front the last couple of months. Many of you know all this, but just in case, here's a rundown:
- We designed and built Arduino-based controllers, and put strings of LEDs on the base drums and quads for the marching band.
- We took some white high powered LEDs, and one of our TowerLights boards, and put LEDs on the "Band-Beeston" robotic drum cart, also with the marching band.
- The marching band performed an indoor concert in the Hartung theatre. We took our TowerLights LED bars and spread them around the Hartung. The place was SRO (standing room only), and was really rockin'.
- The marching band also did a performance at the UI Holiday concert before Christmas - in the darkened environment, both the Band-Beeston and the other drums really popped.
- The drum line also performed at the finale of the NIC Jazz Fest in Coeur d'Alene last week. We also put some LED strings on a trumpet and trombone for that concert.